Concepts of Care provides medical treatment for an illness, injury or chronic condition with the goal of helping you recover, become as self-sufficient as possible and regain your independence. Concepts of Care Home Health services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid and many private insurers.
For patients covered by Medicare, there are several requirements that must be met in order to qualify for home health care:
- Your doctor must decide that you need medical care at home and determine what your at home medical needs will be.
- You must need intermittent skilled nursing care, physical therapy, speech or occupational therapy.
- You must be restricted in your ability to leave home and your physician must certify your homebound status.
Homebound means it is difficult and/or a hardship for you to leave your home.
Medicare will cover the following for Home Health:
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapy
- Social Services to help you with social and emotional concerns related to your illness.
- Home Health Aides
- Certain medical supplies, like wound dressings (but not prescription drugs)
Medicare will NOT cover the following:
- Meals delivered to your home
- 24 hour a day care at home or sitter care
- Services such as shopping, cleaning and laundry
- Personal care given by home health aides like bathing, dressing and using the bathroom without skilled nursing or therapy services
Private insurance plans may offer full or partial home health coverage. The eligibility requirements vary by insurance companies. It is best to contact your private insurer directly to learn about their specific requirements. You can also contact Concepts of Care for more information regarding private insurance coverage. In addition to Medicare and Medicaid, we are also in network with many private insurers, to include: BCBS of Louisiana, Humana, Cigna, Verity Health, Vantage Health and Peoples Health Insurance.
It is your right to be cared for by the home health agency of your choice. Please ask your physician’s office to contact us. It is your right to choose.